There’s lots of family-friendly fun happening around town this Saturday. Take a look at some of our picks below. And then on Sunday, don’t forget about Father’s Day!
- CU Wizards Present: Black Holes! – Saturday 9:30 – 10:30 – Join Professor of Astrophysical & Planetary Sciences Andrew Hamilton for a fun Saturday morning show to learn more about “Blackholes!” How might mysterious blackholes provide inspiration and challenge to the imaginations of poets, artists, writers, and scientists? Will they capture and transport your imagination… thereby enlivening your summer campfire chats within our star-filled galaxy!? Grab some marshmallows and come find out at this CU Wizards FREE STEM Show geared for kids, ages 8-18 & their families!
- Farmside Family Yoga – Saturday 9:30 – $5 Tickets Required, Purchase Online -Join us Saturday morning to rest, renew, move through a gentle yoga sequence, and start your Shabbat morning right. Play with the goats after your mindful practice. Geared toward families with children 3-8 years old, but all ages welcome.
- Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day – Saturday 9am – All Activities are FREE! Tour of Valmont Bike Park provided by Avid4Adventure | Pumptrack clinics provided by Lee Likes Bikes | Register Online Dual Slalom clinics provided by 303 Dirt and Rockwell Ridewell | Demo bikes provided by Full Cycle
DJ Drake powered by Energisimple | Rock climbing wall | Face Painting | Free helmet giveaway from Boulder Community Hospital | Short Track races provided by SMBA
- Boulder Library Summer of Discovery: The Dinosaur Show – Saturday 3pm – Make no bones about it – The Dinosaur Show is sure to tickle your funny bone and stimulate your imagination. Mesner Puppet Theater reaches into the past using hand, rod, shadow and body puppets to bring this prehistoric tale to life. Join paleontologist Dr. Dino Sawyer in exploring scientific theories (as well as some improbable ones) that explain what was and what might have been in the Age of the Dinosaurs.
- 7th Annual G’Knight Ride – Saturday 3pm – Purchase Tickets Online – Come ride with us June 16th and have a ton of fun on and off bikes, celebrating all things cycling. Celebrating our 7th year in 2018, we will have Greenways back open to ride, lots of awesome vendors, activities galore, and incredible Colorado bands for our post-Ride show! The G’Knight Ride is a celebration of cycling, and is meant for cyclists of all ages, sizes, and abilities. The Ride is a great excuse to dust off that old 10-speed, mountain bike, or cruiser and hop on with 2,000+ other riders on a great evening tour. The G’Knight Ride helps to fun cycling education and bike refurbishing programs throughout the year by Bicycle Longmont, the area non-profit bike advocacy organization.
- DMNS Harry Potter-thon – Saturday 7:30pm – Purchase Tickets Online – Your Hogwarts letter has arrived, inviting you to a Harry Potter-thon! This May and June, watch all eight Harry Potter movies in IMAX at the Museum. Follow Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they grow up amid some spectacular adventures in the wizarding world. Relive the magic or see the saga unfold for the first time, starting May 3.
If you need weekday plans for your kids too take a look at the listings on Campanizer. There are still plenty of summer camps with availability!