Mother’s Day is a busy weekend around Boulder (don’t forget about CU graduation!) so be sure to plan ahead and make reservations so you don’t get stuck out in the
cold gorgeous spring sunshine! Warm hugs to all of the mothers celebrating, and hugs as well to anyone that finds the day difficult to celebrate.
Best Brunch Spots
If a delicious brunch is your favorite way to celebrate, you aren’t alone. Here are some of the Boulder restaurants to check out:
- The Hotel Boulderado – Adults $65/p, complimentary champagne for mothers
- Frasca – Rose + Champagne Brunch ($65/p)
- Rayback Collective – Enjoy a laid-back Mother’s Day while helping support SPAN
- River + Woods
There’s plenty to do around Boulder. Here are a few special events that mom might enjoy:
- Wildflower Hike – Get outside + enjoy a 2 mile hike guided by volunteer naturalists.
- Paint + Plant Workshop at Tinker Art Studio – Work together to decorate a planter.
A Gift to Remember
Are you buying a gift for a mother you appreciate (good work!), or are you the mother tasked with coming up with her own gift (because “I don’t know what you want” or “you’re just so hard to buy for!”)? Either way, here are some fun gift experiences, because kids’ shouldn’t get to have all the fun this summer:
- Adult Classes at Tinker Art Studio – Choose from Acrylic + Oil Painting, Life Drawing or Ceramic Classes
- Adult Classes at Frequent Flyers – Learn trapeze, fabric, dance and more. (I’ve taken a few of these, they are fun + a great workout!)
- Adult Classes at APEX Movement Parkour – Get jumping, rolling, falling safely.
- And if you’re interested in trying something new + different try Breaking Plates together!