Boulder is lucky to be surrounded by great local farms that celebrate fall and Halloween with tons of autumn activities and, of course, PUMPKINS! Bring the kids out to one (or more) of these local farms to grab some pumpkins and have fun this year.
- Cottonwood Farm – Located east of Boulder on Isabelle Rd near Hwy 287. A u-pick pumpkin patch that also offers hay rides, mazes and animals. Fee for admission on weekends.
- Anderson Farms – Located east of Boulder on Hwy 52, this is one of the largest pumpkin patches around. There are tons of activities including a playground, jump pad, pedal carts, mazes, a petting zoo and more in addition to pumpkin picking and food. Fee for admission.
- Red Wagon Farm – Located north of Gunbarrel on 63rd St. A u-pick pumpkin patch with farm animals and a hay bale maze.
- Rocky Mountain Pumpkin Ranch – Located just west of Longmont on CO 66, a u-pick pumpkin patch with fun carnival activities available on fall weekends.
- Munson Farms – Just 5 minutes east of Boulder on Valmont Rd, the farm known for their delicious corn also offers a u-pick pumpkin patch in the fall along with hay rides and a corn maze.
- 7th Generation Farm – Louisville’s local pumpkin patch is open in the fall with u-pick pumpkins, hay rides, mazes and farm animals.
And one more great farm to visit, even though you won’t find any pumpkins there. It’s worth a trip for the apple cider donuts alone. DELICIOUS!
- YA YA Farm & Orchard – We offer family-oriented fall activities,. When you visit the farm stand and orchard you may visit our farm animals-Percheron Draft Horses, chickens, turkeys, peacocks, bring a picnic, and take a tractor-drawn hayride (Saturday/Sunday only September/October). Enjoy all things apple in our farm stand – apples, apple cider donuts, apple pies and oh so much more! We do not charge an admission fee. U-Pick requires prior reservations and is sold out generally by August.