Last night I was reading a book about generosity with my kids before bed, and it started a conversation about volunteering. I enjoy volunteering with Community Food Share in Boulder, and I remembered that kids can start volunteering alongside an adult at age 5. (For my oldest, that’s tomorrow!) Here are some other volunteer opportunities for kids in Boulder and Denver:
Boulder Area Kids + Family Volunteer Opportunities
- Community Food Share – An hour of volunteering provides 80 meals! Opportunities in Boulder, Longmont, Louisville.
- Community Fruit Rescue – When a homeowner is overwhelmed by the bounty of their fruit trees, they can call Community Fruit Rescue to mobilize a team of volunteer pickers. The harvest is split three ways: 1/3 is offered to the homeowner, 1/3 is shared among the volunteers, and 1/3 or more is delivered by bicycle to local organizations feeding the hungry in our community.
- Cultivate – Volunteering with Cultivate is a great way to engage your community. With a wide variety of volunteer opportunities—many with flexible hours—you can find something that suits your passions, skills, or schedule.
- Project Angel Heart – Decorate delivery bags!
- A Precious Child – Kids age 5+ can volunteer with an adult.
- Meals on Wheels – Kids can ride along with an adult delivery driver.
- Boulder Valley Humane Society – Kids 7 – 14 accompanied by an adult can volunteer on the Pets + Pals team.
- Kids Love Kindness – Check this Facebook page for kid-friendly volunteer events.
- EFAA – Youth age 12+ can volunteer for designated programs with an adult.
- There With Care – Since 2005, There With Care has been providing support for families during the critical phase of a medical crisis, easing their daily stresses with compassion and care.
- Bridge House – A special program called Kids Give Back provides opportunities for kids to volunteer.
- Harvest of Hope – Volunteers 12+ are welcome accompanied by an adult.
Denver Area Kids + Family Volunteer Opportunities
- Coming Soon